(800)379-1800 or (833)763-6393
Stop Your Service
Are you moving outside of Fountaintown Gas service area and need to cancel servivce.
If you are moving and want to cancel your service with Fountaintown Gas Co., Inc. and do not request disconnection of your service, you will remain responsible for paying the natural gas charges at your former address until a new account is initiated by a new resident or owner. You will be responsible for all charges until a Customer Service Representative confirms your information and the date to close the account.
To disconnect service, you will need to give Fountaintown Gas Co., Inc. at least three business day's notice. Disconnection of service is available Monday through Friday; no holidays or weekends are available and some days may not be available during peak times. If you wish to cancel service on a date that is unavailable, you will need to contact the office during normal business hours to discuss available dates.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Your Name (as it appears on your account)
- Account number
- Physical Address (where do you need service turned off)
- Mailing Address (where final bill we be mailed to)
- State (where final bill will be mailed)
- Zip Code (where final bill will be mailed)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Date service will be turned off
- If you are requesting disconnection of service for more than one account, you will need to complete this process for each account
- If you have a deposit, we will apply it to your final bill and any credit on your account will be refunded to you within 30 days
- If a balance remains on the account, the balance will be due within (17) days of the closing of the account.
- You are responsible for all charges until you receive notification the account is closed
Notice: If we do not have a forwarding address, the account will not be shut off. Please allow 3 business days for disconnection. Submitting the disconnection form does not guarantee you that your service will be disconnected on your chosen day. A customer service representative will contact you by email verifying that the date is ok. If you do not receive a notification that we have received your request for disconnection, you need to contact the office at 765-763-6393 to make sure we received it.
Why Natural Gas?
• Lower cost & better comfort
• Higher quality heat
• Reliable & safe
• A natural occurring energy source
• Made in the USA
Minimize Your Bill
• Install a programmable thermostat
• Keep window shades and draperies open during the day
• Have your furnace serviced
Natural Gas Tips
How to identify a possible gas leak:
rotten egg or sulfur odor
blowing or hissing sound