Disconnection of Service
If you are moving and do not request service stoppage and a final bill, you will remain responsible for paying the natural gas charges at your former address until a new account is initiated by a new resident or owner.
To stop service, you will need to give Fountaintown Gas Co., Inc. at least three business days notice. Turn off of service is available Monday through Friday; no holidays or weekends are available and some days may not be available during peak times. If you wish to request a stop service and final bill on a date that is unavailable, you will need to contact the office during normal business hours to discuss available dates.
- If you are requesting service stoppage and a final bill for more then one account, you will need to complete this process for each account
- If you have a deposit, we will apply it to your final bill
- If there is a credit on the account, we will mail a check to the address you provide as per company policy and procedure
Why Natural Gas?
• Lower cost & better comfort
• Higher quality heat
• Reliable & safe
• A natural occurring energy source
• Made in the USA
Minimize Your Bill
• Install a programmable thermostat
• Keep window shades and draperies open during the day
• Have your furnace serviced
Natural Gas Tips
How to identify a possible gas leak:
rotten egg or sulfur odor
blowing or hissing sound